The first pragmatic solution to microplastic pollution caused by washing.
This is how you use your Guppyfriend washing bag:
1.Put synthetic textiles into the Guppyfriend washing bag.
2.Close the Guppyfriend washing bag and put it in the washing machine. Add other, non-synthetic, textiles and wash as usual.
3.Take the textiles from the Guppyfriend washing bag while they’re still wet.
4.Remove the collected fibres from the inside of the filter fabric by hand and dispose of them in the residual waste.
Instructions for use:
- Fill to about ⅔ full so that the textiles can easily move around in the bag
- Add other (non-synthetic) garments or a second filled Guppyfriend to avoid imbalance
- Wash at 40°c maximum
- Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
- Remove coarse dirt and pet hair before washing
- Slide the zipper into the "garage" provided at the end of the zipper
- Rinsing under running water - so that the collected microplastic fibres are not washed into the environment
- Washing sharp-edged objects - to avoid damaging the material
- Ironing - this can also damage the material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer - broken fibres can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight - to avoid damaging the material