A lovely zero-waste alternative to bottled shampoo!
Handmade in Ireland.
Our concentrated solid shampoo for hair growth with powdered Maca root is designated for all types of hair and especially for excessive hair loss. It is gently fragranced with Rosemary, Peppermint and with a hint of Sweet Orange essential oils to refresh your hair and scalp offering a fresh, minty, camphor-like aroma when taking a shower. Popular among men and women. Maca root is known as the sacred plant of Inca for its reconditioning and regenerative benefits. It stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss by improving the strength of hair roots.
Take our solid shampoo with you instead of a regular plastic bottle. They last for months and they save you money and space.
They are earth-friendly, requiring minimal packaging. If you haven’t experienced a solid shampoo, try one, you’ll be glad you did.
No-fuss, no mess. Simple, solid (SLS, SLES free) shampoo does away with wasteful over-packaging and environmental worries in one. Perfect for anyone who loves the planet as much as their hair. Not a gimmick, this rich, solid shampoo for hair growth effectively cleanse and moisturise to leave your hair looking nourished and healthy.
- Hair is clean and easy to comb
- It fits right into your palm, it is light and very convenient for travelling, camping etc.
- It produces an abundant, mild foam that is kind to your hair.
- It’s gentle to your scalp
- It promotes healthy, shiny hair
These shampoos are economic as each bar keeps on working, lasting so much longer than a bottle of liquid shampoo.
This highly-concentrated shampoo bar weighs roughly 70g (2.47oz) which represents 45 – 50 washes, of course, it depends on your hair length and is similar in usage to 450-500ml (15.2 – 16.9oz) of liquid shampoo.
A solid shampoo is gentler to your hair and scalp. It does not contain any propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), silicones or artificial fragrances, colourants and preservatives.
Active Ingredients in Shampoo:
Gentle Cleansing Agents:
SCI (Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate) is the main ingredient of the shampoo. It is a natural, mild and gentle cleansing agent, made from the natural fatty acids which occur in coconut oil and which effectively remove dirt and grease from the hair and scalp resulting in a gentler finish. SCI creates a beautiful, luxurious foam without losing its mild and softening properties. We use an eco-friendly and biodegradable cleansing agent which is suitable for use in both soft and hard water.
Another ingredient used in this shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, also known as SLSA. This cleansing agent leaves a pleasant, silky feeling on the skin which prevents it from drying out or becoming damaged after washing in contrast to the commonly used SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) or SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which are not approved for natural cosmetics. With a large molecule size, SLSA won’t cause skin irritation as it is impossible for it to penetrate the skin membrane.
There are both of a 100% natural origin
- Coconut Oil contributes to the better hair quality by delivering the shine, softness and power to the damaged hair
- D Panthenol improves hair quality, increases shine to hair and reduces a hair breakage as it coats the hair and seals its surface, lubricating the hair shaft and making strands appear shiny
- Wheat Protein can impart hair repairing properties, improve the ease of hair combing and improve colour deposition and retention of dyes on hair
- Glycerine is sourced from Rapeseed Oil and it prevents drying of the scalp by helping to restore the skins water
- Maca Powder provides nutrients (proteins, copper, calcium, zinc, iron) to support healthy hair growth and to prevent hair loss
- Bentonite Clay adds the moisture and remove toxins
- Rosemary Essential Oil increases cellular metabolism that stimulates hair growth
- Peppermint Essential Oil can help stimulate hair growth because of its ability to increase blood circulation around the scalp
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help to renew and repair the scalp and improve hair growth
How to Use Solid Shampoo:
Circle the bar gently over wet hair once or twice depending on hair length. Use sparingly – a little rub is all you need! Massage from the roots to the ends of the hair. Rinse thoroughly and condition if your hair would like a little extra love.
Please do not allow the shampoo to sit in water between uses. Store in a dry place, ideally in the soap dish.
Packaging: Aluminium Tin
Shampoo Bar Weight: 70g